If you are convicted of a fourth or subsequent driving while ability impaired (DWAI) offense you are subject to the following possible sentencing:
- Two days to six months in jail. The actual amount, and whether any is suspended, is up to the judge in your case.
- A fine of $200 to $500, also at the judge’s discretion.
- 24 to 48 hours of useful public service (community service).
- A “Victim Impact Panel” through Mothers Against Drunk Driving.
- As much as two years of probation.
- Monitored sobriety overseen by probation.
- Substance abuse treatment.
Contact a Colorado criminal defense lawyer representing clients in Castle Rock, CO today to schedule your initial consultation.
If you have been charged with driving under the influence (DUI) or driving while ability impaired (DWAI), an experienced Denver DUI attorney is essential. Get in touch with experienced Denver DUI defense attorney Jason Savela by calling (720) 821-1001.
If you would like to schedule an initial consultation, contact a Colorado criminal defense attorney, we represent clients in Castle Rock, Colorado, and the surrounding area. The Savela Law Firm, P.C. Give us a call at (720) 821-1001 or complete our inquiry form.