Denver Crimes Against Victim & Witness Defense Attorneys

Crimes against victims and witnesses are serious criminal charges. If you are being charged with a crime against a victim or witness, you should consult with a Denver criminal defense attorney immediately.

A victim is any person against whom any crime has been perpetrated or attempted. This includes victims who suffer an injury, but it also can include victims of a property crime like fraud or robbery. A witness is any person who has knowledge of facts related to a crime has offered testimony as evidence, reported a crime, has been served a subpoena, or would reasonably be believed to be any of these.

Contact a Colorado criminal defense lawyer representing clients in Boulder, CO today to schedule your initial consultation.

Tampering with a Witness or Victim (C.R.S. 18-8-707)

Witness tampering occurs when somebody attempts to get a witness to withhold testimony, testify falsely, or be absent from an official proceeding. It is a class 4 felony punishable by 2 to 6 years in prison and a fine of up to $500,000.

The Elements of Tampering with a Witness or Victim are as follows:

That the defendant,

  • intentionally,
  • attempted,
  • without bribery or threats,
  • to induce a witness, a victim, a person the defendant believed was to be called to testify as a witness or victim in any official proceeding, or a person the defendant believed might be called to testify as a witness or victim of any crime,
  • to testify falsely or unlawfully withhold any testimony.

If you would like to schedule an initial consultation, contact a Colorado criminal defense attorney, we represent clients in Boulder, Colorado, and the surrounding area. The Savela Law Firm, P.C. Give us a call at (720) 821-1001 or complete our inquiry form.

If you have been charged with a crime against a victim or witness an experienced Denver criminal defense lawyer is essential. Get in touch with experienced Denver criminal defense attorneys Jason Savela by filling out our online contact form or by calling (720) 821-1001.